Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday Morning Blogging

I love Sunday mornings, especially alone. I can do, or not do, whatever I want - walk around in my underwear, toss the newspaper on the floor, eat last night's leftover Chinese food for breakfast. But today, I'm having an onion bagel smeared (or maybe enshrouded) with garden vegetable cream cheese and I'm poking around on the net ... in my underwear. I just took a really quick enneagram test that I found on an acquaintance's blog and I find the results to be interesting. I am mostly a type 5 , Investigator, followed closely by a type 2, Helper. For just a sample test, this seems to be fairly accurate, or at least I want to think so.

Enneagram
free enneagram test


I'm also reading a new book: Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell. It's the investigator in me. (I bought it yesterday afternoon after the ice cream binge with my son. I also bought another book, Flow:The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, and a CD, Desire by Pharoahe Monch (I have eclectic tastes in music)). So far this is a fascinating book and very well written, not at all pedantic. I'm sure that once I've finished it I'll be able to recommend it to anyone interested in learning to make better decisions, including judgments about people.

OK, back to my bagel and book.

No comments: